Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bentley Austin Larimer

    Ladies and Gentlemen, I want to introduce to you, #13: Bentley Austin Larimer. He made his appearance January 17th at 2:05pm. Bentley weighed in at 6lbs 5oz, and 19 1/2in long. Heather was given an epidural but didn't have time for it to kick in. Before long, she was holding Bentley in her arms.
   I love being around the little ones, and Bentley makes #13 in the line of Nieces and Nephews for me. It saddens me that I wont' get to bond with him or get to know him for much more than 3 weeks, but it'll be good to get to know Harper. I am thankful to my family for trusting in me enough to let me near their kids. This situation with my "friend" and her kids has really destroyed me mentally and emotionally, and though I find myself second guessing myself and questioning how I am with the kids now, it's comforting to know that my family trusts me. It's good to know that they know that I would NEVER hurt a child, and encourage me to lend a hand.
  Though I'll be missing out on about 7months of Bentley's life, I look forward to watching him grow, and see his little personality emerge. I look forward to getting to know Harper, helping him grow and learn. Because of my situation at hand, though people tell me I need to get out of child care all together, I cannot. Like I told my younger brother today, because I have no kids of my own, it helps to be around everyone else's. Children are my passion, and I can't just walk away. I'm sure people won't fully understand it, kids aren't for some people, but for me, well, I invest not only time when I watch children, but my heart as well. All I want for the kids I run into in my life, is their well being, to make an impact on their life, and help them learn and grow. To those of you who have never lost faith/trust in me with children, thank you. I lost my confidence, and my aim is to get that back while I'm with Harper, Dan and Chrystal.

No comments: