Friday, March 14, 2014

Making this OUR year, one month at a time.

  So, last month, Dave and I got the opportunity to travel to Santa Monica, CA for  a few days. He'd won a contest at work at selling the most STARZ programming, and was in the running for a similar trip, to Miami, FL. On March 12, Dave took a little break from work, and as he stood there looking at the calendar, I happened to ask him if he'd heard anything about the trip to Miami, if he knew if he won or not. He told me that he had and I got all giddy. I had NEVER been farther East than North/South Dakota, and was praying he'd win so we could go on another WELL NEEDED Vacation. With winning this trip, I will have been able to say that I have touched the Pacific Ocean, The Gulf of Mexico AND now the Atlantic Ocean. I"m honestly looking forward to flying again. I don't know why but I absolutely LOVE flying and wish I could do it all the time. We leave for Miami on April 3rd and will return home on April 6. Unlike Santa Monica where we didn't have as much time as we thought to be together, we will have 90% of the time to ourselves and could end up with at most, $1,000 in spending money.  We have a meet and greet the day we arrive, then breakfast with everyone on Friday and a Pool Party on Saturday night. The rest of the time is all ours to do with as we please. Because we don't have any transportation, we will most likely spend our time on the beach or at the pool.
  Lately I've been considering becoming a Flight Attendant. I was told that some people don't think I would be able to do it, others think I'd be great at it. I don't know why, but I think it'd be a job I'd love although I'd miss 5 ankle biters like crazy. I know it'd be a lot of strain on my marriage, being gone long periods of time but at the same time, it'd help us get on our feet. Dave and I have discussed this a little bit, and will be praying about it, but something keeps telling me to give it a try and see what happens.  I'm weighing the pros and cons and really looking into it before I make any permanent decisions. Like my title says, I'm going to try to make this our year, one month at a time. I've got a lot of goals, but the most important ones are to get on our feet, keep a positive attitude/outlook on things, and get into Shape. There are a few things I want to do that requires me to be fit, there's Spinderella, an all woman's bike ride, and of course, Relay for Life. I know you don't really need to be in shape for that but it helps. I've already made a little progress on some of these things, and pray each night that I can keep the stamina or improve it. I'm not perfect, never claimed to be, but I want to be the best ME I can be and this year I'm going to focus working on that. I'll post more about my trip when I get home. Until then, I hope everyone has a great remaining Month.

No comments: