Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Where Do I Fit In??

I recently came down with a Middle Ear Infection, and the touch of the flu. Since I fell ill, I have stayed indoors and in bed to try to heal quicker. Since there's not much to do, I've spent a lot of time thinking about my depression, whats causing it and just evaluating my life. One thing that's always been on my mind, but haven't been brave enough to say anything is where do I fit in with my family?
Don't get me wrong, I know they all love me, its just that I see the relationship my brothers have, not just with each other, but with my sister as well, and though we're all close, I feel they're all closer than I am with them. I have tried to hide it but a lot of the times I feel like a misfit, an outsider. These feelings don't end there, they also effect the relationship I have with my parents.
My brothers and sister have close relationships with my parents, they ask them to do things, go places, and though I could be totally wrong, it feels like when Dave and I ask them to do something with us, we get " Save your money" or are just turned down. It's very discouraging, and it could all just be in my head, but that's how I feel. I admit, the reltaionship between my sister and I has made a vast improvement, and I hope it keeps going that way, that we have that relationship I've always wanted with my sister. As for my brothers, I know its hard to strengthen a relationship long distance, but I try to keep in touch with Dan via E-mail although I've slacked a bit lately, and Marsh seems too busy with work and Tucker on the way.
Like I said, it could all be in my head but its something that has bothered me for a very long time and I think it has a hand in my depression. If I could have one wish, it would be that I could strengthen my relationships with my family, to become closer to them and not feel like an outcast. I'm sorry if I've upset anyone in this blog, I just needed to get it off my chest. Love you all.

1 comment:

DAN said...

We love you too. It is in your head next to the other voices that drive you to your animals! Just remember that we may not always talk to you but you are always in our thoughts and prayers.