Saturday, November 1, 2008

I can honestly say that yesterday was quite the day. I had to go to the dentist to prep for a crown, and because of the location of it, I get a GOLD one. (Ironic I think since I HATE gold) While Kaitlynn was asleep, I decided to braid Merlyn's hair, it only stayed in overnight, then I noticed he was ripping it out in chunks when he'd scratch himself, oh well, at least I've got pictures.

After Kaitlynn's nap, Heather and I took her trick-or-treating down Main St. since her parents couldn't because they had to work. We were there for about an hour and a half, and she got a lot of candy.

When we got home, and Kaitlynn left, Mom noticed a funkey smell coming from the kitchen turntable. As Dad turned the turn-table around a few times, when it stopped, he saw a little grey mouse about 2" tall sitting there, he'd made it too dizzy to move. Dave and I released it at the school down the street. Later that evening, I couldn't figure out why the smell wouldn't dissipate, and asked Dad if he checked the DECON that was in the corner under the cupboard, he said no. Sure enough, there was a dead mouse in the box of DECON and it got tossed.

This morning after helping mom with her luncheon, I went to do a load of laundry for her, and couldn't figure out why the funky smell was not gone from the basement.(I thought the odor from the dead mouse wafted down to the Laundry Room.) As I went to put things in the Dryer, I noticed what looked like a twig, nope, it was a mouse. It's going to be fun to see how much more there are once we start de-junking.

Dave was told to re-apply for his job. They're making it permanent, and he'd be working from home if he got it, we've got our fingers crossed and are praying he gets it. I am not 100% sure but I think it means another pay raise. Well, it's time to go mouse hunting,

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

As for the mice, Mom always said she had an "open door" policy!

Hope you find them all!

Good luck to David on the "new" job! Hope he gets it.