Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Baby Steps



I've been trying for nearly 2yrs now to sell Gold Canyon Candles. Over the two years, I've had a total of 4 parties, and only 2 of them have brought in a maximum of $400. I did my first and only party for the year at the beginning of this month, yes, it's an 11 month late start, but crap happens. Anyway, I had a lot of fun though I was a nervous wreck and completely out of practice.

Through the rest of the week, I explored the website again, catching up on all the new information the company has to offer, and found something that gave me a HUGE ray of hope. Ever since I started my attempt to sell these candles, I didn't have anyone to train me. The demonstrator I signed up under said she'd train me, show me the ropes and what not, but I never saw it, so I learned by trial by error.

This one ray of hope is the new design of their catalog. They made it pretty user friendly and a lot easier for new and unexperienced demonstrators such as myself, to do their job. Each page is basically designed for a presentation of the company and products, and also has the sizes and prices of each product as well. I want to get this business going, and know I can succeed if I become much more aggressive than I have been. Lets see what the new year brings.

No comments: