Monday, November 23, 2009

One Wild Day

Today Dave and I went to run some errands in Dad's Sonoma. On our way to COSTCO, we were stopped in front of Arby's on Yellowstone, when we were rear ended by a kid in a Montero. I didn't see it coming, but I heard squealing tires. I had enough time to see a big white pickup truck fly by me in the turn lane. Then I felt the jolt. Luckily I was wearing my seat belt, and everyone was ok. I immediately called the police as the driver of the other vehicle checked to see if we were ok. I told him we were fine for the moment and that I was calling the police to notify them of the accident.
The Dispatcher instructed us to move the vehicles off of the road if possible so we told the other driver and moved both vehicles into the Arby's parking lot. By the time the police arrived, my neck and left eye started to hurt a bit. When the officer came to talk to us, I informed him that I had some whiplash, but was fine other than that. The driver of the other vehicle was honest in the whole thing, took full responsibility and even went as far as calling us an hour later to let us know he notified his insurance company and make sure we were ok.
Today's photo of course is of the damage done to Dad's truck. Luckily both vehicles had insurance, and nobody was severely hurt. We later found out that the white truck that flew by us should have hit us, but the driver swerved out of the way. The kid who hit us was following that truck too close and saw us just as it was too late. Later that evening, as Dad was driving, we got pulled over by the police for a tail light being out. We explained that the vehicle was involved in an accident earlier in the day and he let us off.


2 comments:

DAN said...

Way to wreck Dads new Truck! :) Glad you werent hurt too badly.

Chrystal said...

doesn't look like too much damage. glad you are OK!