Thursday, October 23, 2008

Greetings from the "Pod People"

Well, as you already know, we had found a foster home for Dante and Tika about a month ago. Things worked out great for them for a while, then suddenly Tika became aggressive towards other animals, escaping from the yard, and has even been aggressive towards her foster family. She has never been aggressive towards anyone or anything. The only thing I can think that would make her like this is their Great Dane always trying to show her who's boss. We took them back to mom and dads yesterday, they're staying in their crates in the shop until we can find another home for them and figure out why Tika is so aggressive.
It breaks my heart to have them locked up like that, and it'd be great if we could find permanent homes for each of them, or at least Tika, but something tells me that we may have to have her put down for her own good, only time will tell. As for the other animals, I don't really take care of the cats anymore. Dave cleans the litterboxes, and Dad feeds them before we even have a chance to. I stay away from them until I can find out what's going on with my body. Still not sure if I'm expecting, and the doctor's nurse told me to give it another week before we see what needs to be done.
I've made it a point to feed all the dogs, it's easy when you've got a 2yr old wanting to help. Merlyn has not had a bath or cut for nearly 4 months now, and I contacted Dennis Spencer's new wife to see if she'd make Merlyn a regular client, she agreed and will give him a bath the day before Halloween. YAY! We're not doing anything special for Halloween, Dave works until 7 and more than likely won't be home until about 10. I've thought about maybe just going to the gym for a while then having an OMEN marathon or something, who knows.
We're still tweaking our budget a little, focusing on more bills than others, and are beginning to make sure our tithing comes out first. Hopefully we'll get back on our feet fast. Well, that's about all that's going on here. Hope all is well with everyone.

1 comment:

Vigo said...

thank you for linking my blog. I hope you are able to get back on your feet. Nice Afghan Hound pic.