Thursday, November 5, 2009

An Answer to EVERYONE's Prayers



I want you all to take a look at this photo, not at the couple in it but the building behind them. Being able to get back to that building is a personal goal for me, and just this last week, we were blessed to be able to take one step toward accomplishing that goal.
Dave once again, got a schedule change. Instead of working from 7am to 4pm and having Wednesday and Thursday off, he now works from 11am to 8pm, and has Sundays and Mondays off. He starts his new schedule on Sunday, so he's basically got a week vacation because not only does he get this Wed and Thurs off, he got PTO (Paid Time Off) for Fri and Sat due to a friend visiting before they move back east. We're both pretty stoked that he FINALLY has Sundays off ( I still blame it on Tyson, ahem, I mean BISHOP SPENCER!!) and starting NEXT Sunday we're going to go to church regularly.
I know things are beginning to fall into place for us, and who knows what the future brings. It's been a struggle for me on a lot of things, becoming inactive (yes, it's my fault), unable to have kids, integrity questioned, the list goes on and on, but between re-connecting with old friends I'd never imagined I'd get a second chance with, and now Dave being able to attend church again, it's just proof that it's worth it in the end.
When the day comes that I can set foot back in the temple, all who can attend is invited to join us in a session, kind of to celebrate being able to get back there. I really miss it, it really is the best place on the planet to be, and it's where my heart often desires to go.

3 comments:

DAN said...

I hope you keep it up and make it!

Jessica said...

Baby steps bro, baby steps.

Chrystal said...

I'm so glad you can get back to church! It would be great to attend the temple with you guys again.