Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Little Little Buddy

  Recently, Heather has been diagnosed with PPD, or Post Partum Depression. She's been told to make "Mommy Time" each day without Troy, so while she's taking her Mommy Time, Aunt Jess gets to step in and spend some good quality time with the newest edition of the family.
  We were lying on my bed, trying to get Troy comfortable because of his collic, and after crapping his diaper and letting out a HUGE burp, I got smile after smile. I would talk to him, and he'd grin a huge grin, then when I decided to pull the camera out, he got shy. Finally, while he was mid smile, I caught this one. I thought this was the sweetest look, and I got more after this was shot.  It frustrated Heather because he'd always fuss for her and "Monroe" but whenever he came to me, he would poo, or burp, then  be just fine, barely fussy at all. They feel bad that I'm always watching him, and I told them that if it bothered me, I'd say something.
  I also told them that it gives me the chance to feed my "Baby Hunger" and I love spending the time that I can with some of my nephews. It's fun to watch Tucker feel like he has to compete with Troy for Aunt Jess's attention. I try to give them equal attention when they're both here, but sometimes, one demands more attention than the other. I love seeing their smiles and watching them grow into little people with personalities of their own. I love it when Tucker walks up to me, turns his head to one side and says "Hi" then gives me a hug and a kiss. Some times we get in little "kiss wars" and just have a ball while Heather's with Troy or he's sleeping.

No comments: