Thursday, June 9, 2011

Goodbye is Forever...

 Shakspeare  said it best when he said "Parting is such sweet sorrow." Yesterday Dante went to his new home, and it was harder than I thought to let him go. 
 Origionaly the lady was to get him today, but we rushed at getting him ready and Heather and "Monroe" drove him to his new home. Dave came up to say goodbye, and it really yanked at my heart strings to watch my husband cry, really cry, over a dog that he said he'd have no problems parting with. 
  I let his new owner know how we've been feeding him, what he needs, who is Vet is and anything else that she wanted to know. I told her that she could feed him what and how he wanted, that at first, he'd have the runs and gas until his body adjusted. She said that was fine, and asked if we could keep in touch just in case she has anymore questions. I told her that we'd absolutely love that, then were given the invitation to visit Dante anytime we wanted. She was also told that if it didn't work out, she could bring him back here and we'd re-home him if we didn't have a place of our own.
  I wanted so bad to tell Dave "I told you so" when he kept saying he was not as attached to Dante as I am to Mason, but just couldn't bring myself to do so. We know this was the right decision for him, and the best thing as well. We're not giving up on him, but giving him a better quality of life that he needs.

No comments: