Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It Rains, It Pours-Literally

Over the past few months we've been blessed with a lot of rain, too much for the rivers actually.  We've had so much rain that the rivers have been flooding pretty bad, and this picture is just a little idea of what I'm talking about. This is a picture of a picnic table at Sacajawea Park. It's results of the Portneuf River flooding, and I was standing at least 10ft away from it. 
  
I know that it's not the best thing, but I love looking at the extent of the floods around, and how it effects the environment around us. While at Sacajawea Park, we couldn't wander very far without being stopped by water, but once again, I started thinking and told Dave that God knows what he's doing. I was told that some think that God is angry, and that may be true, but though it can and probably is causing LOTS of damage, but it's so beautiful to see. Lately, this is what I've been doing when I need to unwind. IF it's not cold or raining, I'll just take a walk, and take pictures of anything that spark my interest, otherwise I get into the truck and we drive to a spot and I shoot whatever intrigues me. I always find a sense of peace and closer to my maker when I'm outdoors, away from the rush of life and things.

No comments: