Sunday, June 12, 2011

7 Years and Counting.....

 Well, Dave and I have made it to our 7yr mark, at least as an official married couple. We've been together for 10 full years, and yesterday marked our 7th Anniversary. This year was the first time I've looked forward to our trip we take. Maybe it's because we didn't have a honeymoon, or the "Anniversary Trips" we've taken have been "fly by the seat of our pants" type of trips, where they're last minute and poorly planned. 
  This year, I sat down and decided to plan it, and what we'd be doing. Our destination: Salt Lake City, Ut. When Dave got his check, we logged in to Priceline, named our price and were booked at the Little America for a total of $155. I was excited to be staying 2 nights in a 4 star hotel for such a little price. I then got online and looked into things we could do that was inexpensive and we'd both enjoy doing. 
  I kind of wanted to avoid doing a lot at Temple Square, as we go there every time we go to Salt Lake, and Dave was tired of going to zoos, so I looked up other things. I found This is The Place Heritage Monument's website, and saw that they were having a "Real Mountain Man" exhibit while we were there. I figured we could afford the $20 as a couple to go to it, and put it on the "to do " list. Then we planned on going to see Pirates of The Caribbean 3D, check a few other places out and just unwind from everything. The day we got ready to go went pretty rough for me, we had some unexpected expenses, stress levels shot through the roof, and I was just ready to give up. As soon as we hit the road, I started to unwind and just enjoy my time with my husband. I annoyed the crap out of Dave with the music choice, constant talk about kids and everything else, and then lost myself in taking pictures and thinking. 
  Once we were in Salt Lake and got things going, we had a wonderful weekend, though we returned home with no money but fully relaxed and happy. I'm looking forward to another 40+years with Dave, and hope he feels the same way. If you're interested on our activities from our anniversary, check out Jester's Jungle at www.jestermason.blogspot.com in the next day or two.

No comments: