Monday, July 21, 2008

A Short But Fun Weekend


This past Friday we took Marsh, Emily and Mom and Dad to the Twin Falls Temple Open House. We arrived an hour before we were scheduled to go through, but they let us go in anyway. It was BEAUTIFUL! When we were done, we went to lunch and then decided to go to Shoshone Falls because Marsh and Emily haven't been there. When we got home that night, Dave and I loaded the truck and prepared to head back to Twin the following day. Saturday Morning we went to the parade, it was much more eventful than the 4th of July parade, and a lot of fun watching Dad fight another woman for candy.
After the parade we went home, loaded Kahn and Charlie into the truck with Mason and Merlyn, gassed the truck up and then after dropping Mason and Merlyn off at mom and dads, headed out to Twin. When we got to Twin, we met Dave's brother at Wal-Mart. We found a good deal on a few bikes, picked them up and some supplies for his kitties then took the kitties to their new home. Matthew and Joshua really enjoy the kittens, and have a lot of fun. Later that evening Jacob, Dana and the boys went through the Twin Falls Temple Open House with us. I was disappointed that Dave's parents couldn't make it, but that was partially our fault as we forgot to remind everyone before hand. Jacob seemed to have liked it, but I'm not sure what Dana's take on it was.
All in all it was a good relaxing weekend. I wish it could have lasted longer but can't avoid work, and in a job like mine, there is no room for a vacation. I applied at the COSTCO coming in to Pocatello, I dunno if I'll be considered, but it'd be cool. Still no progress on the house, I'll be glad when it's all over. I've gotta run and take care of the kids, I'll keep you all posted. Love you.

2 comments:

DAN said...

Glad to hear it was a great time. Shoshone falls is a cool place and hopefully we can see the Twin Falls temple someday. Who knows when we will make it back to Idaho. Love ya

Chrystal said...

I'm jealous! I've never been to an open house before. Glad you got the chance!
We did go thru the Nauvoo temple last week and it was beautiful!