Saturday, August 23, 2008

Not Going Down Without A Fight

We ran across a few people who do what Residential Resolve was supposed to do, help people in trouble with their houses, only these people do it LEGALLY! I will be honest, at first I was very skeptical, scared to death to so much as talk to them, but we did talk to them, and I'm beginning to think they're an answer to our prayers. They met with us Thursday night, told us that they could purchase our house, and Grandma's, let us live in our house until renovations were done with Grandma's, then let us move in with a lease with option to buy type deal. Dave and I told them ALL our fears and concerns, and when they asked if we'd give our signatures for permission to get information about us and our loans, I half jokingly said I wanted to let my attorney see it first. They said ok, what's the number, but after reading the paper, knowing it said NOTHING about signing anything over, that it was just a permission slip, we signed it.
The following day, I got a phone call that said they'd pay to bring our loan current to stop the foreclosure. I got on the phone with CountryWide as per their request, found out the total to bring it current and stop the auction was $20K. They had the money within ten minutes and just as they were to wire it to them, CountryWide said that they wouldn't take it because if we could get that much money that fast, we should be able to pay off the house entirely. We've been boxing our belongings up all day, and come Monday morning, it'll all be on the front lawn so that it won't belong to the new home owners. The 3 people helping us will be there at the auction trying to get the house. If they don't get it they'll focus on Grandma's house and put us up there. If they end up getting it, we'll stay where we're at until they get Grandma's done.
These people are much different than Residential Resolve because they're working with a VERY powerful attorney who is also a realitor, accountant and he specializes in real estate. I'm pretty comfortable for the situation we're in, all the devestation has left me, and for some reason, I'm at peace with whatever is going on. Dave is the one who is a wreck, I'm trying to convince him that everything will be okay, but he's really struggeling. I know we'll be fine though because the Lord won't give us more than we can handle, and I know within my heart that it will all be ok.

2 comments:

fivelive said...

oh Jess I will be praying for the best I'm so glad that you are at peace with it that usually means that it is the right thing to do love you

Chrystal said...

Jessica, I hope it works out! I would make sure your things are OFF THE PROPERTY, not just out of the house, before the action!! Better safe than sorry!