Monday, August 25, 2008

The Verdict

Well, it was the auction of the house today. Dave got up at 3am and started packing, because I've been VERY sleep deprived, he let me sleep until 6:30. We had to have EVERYTHING out of the house by 10am, and though most of it was packed, it was more so the two of us moving things out, thought mom and dad helped for a bit.
Around 11am, we got a phone call from the people trying to save our house, they said that they were the only ones at the auction, but didn't get the house because Country Wide was asking WAY more than what we owe on it. We now have 10 days to be out, and are well on our way to doing so. The people trying to help, their company is JCP, said they're still trying to get our house from the bank, and will try to get Grandma's house as well. For the time being, we're going to share a Storage Unit with mom and dad. It's a 10X30 for $68 a month, and has 2 doors so we wouldn't have to fight over each other's stuff if we needed to get to something.
I've thought a lot about this, and I'm seriously at peace with all this. I told Dave that I really think this is what's supposed to be happening at the moment. We'll crash with Mom and Dad for a bit, hopefully not too long, but long enough for JCP to get us into a place. I'm really impressed with these people, they've done more for us in less than a week than anyone else like that has. I also found out from them that Dawnridge Properties/Residential Resolve are facing charges here in Idaho. I am going to look into it farther, and then see where to go from there.
Now that all this is said and done, I'm looking forward to picking the peices up and starting from scratch. It's going to be a long road, but we can and will do it. We'll be blessed in the end for this, and I really hope Dave sees the benefit of this. I am also going to focus on finding a job now, I'm applying at COSTCO, and will look other places too.
Well, I need to take off, I've been up since 6:30 and haven't eaten anything all day. I've got a WONDERFUL husband who is cooking for me and it's ready. I will keep everyone posted as things unfold. My love to all and hope things are good with you.

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

Glad to see you're being positive! I hope things work out soon.