Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Father

Since our neighbor across the street was found dead in Feb, his father and friends have been working around the clock to get the estate settled. A few days ago, Dad came home with 2 photos that surprisingly enough, really fit him. the first, I will admit is "dad's" profile. The second, would have been my father and Grandpa.





Dad likes them so much that he hung them in the computer room, and that's what you get to look at when you look away from the computer.
On a happier note, I'm beginning to come to grips on Grandma's house. They've found a buyer for it, and from what I hear, she's a really neat person. I've asked to keep a tulip from Grandma's flower bed, and the new owner said that it would be ok. It still breaks my heart that I can't have it, and keep it in the family, but it's just a material thing that I can replace with the memories I have of her.
Anyway, I need to get running to make sure the dogs are still in the yard. I promised a 4yr old a trip to the petting zoo today and need to run a few errands before we go.

No comments: