Monday, April 6, 2009

Monster Truck National Finals



So, every year, Marsh, Emily, Dave and I go to the Monster Truck National Finals at the Holt Arena. Usually we get the nosebleed seats, but this year was my first time in the VIP section. When we got to our seats, I wanted to go to the pit and see all the trucks up close. This year the trucks that were racing were Bigfoot Bad Boy, Hot Tamale, Excalibur, Equalizer, Miss Behavin (only female driver), Rock Star and Snake Bite. They all were good, but Miss Behavin didn't last long as her first race, she destroyed the rear axel on her truck.
I must say that my favorite is Rock Star. The driver of the truck, Bill Payne, drove my favorite truck, High Voltage, in the first Monster truck show I went to. He's just a down to earth kind of guy, and really seems to be there for the crowd. Though it is really loud and you almost choke on all the exhaust fumes, the Monster Truck shows are fun to attend, and it's something I look forward to every year. What can I say, there's a little bit of Redneck in me after all.......

No comments: