Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Piper, Kahn, Angel, Snickers, Bahgeera and Charlie


So the kittens are about 4 weeks old now. Monday they had their first vet visit compliments of Heather. Late last week I noticed that Charlie's right eye was getting infected and gross.
I was going to contact the Humane Society for help at taking him to see exactly what was going on, but Heather offered to pay for it since she owes me money. They examined his eye, said it was VERY infected and that I needed to try to keep it open as much as possible and put antibiotics in it 4 times a day. He now knows what is going to happen when I pick him up and take him out of the room, and puts up a fight. If the infection doesn't clear up and his eye ruptures, he'll either need the eye removed, or worse, euthanasia. I told people that it would add character to have a one eyed cat, but if it's more humane to put him down, we will.
Other than that and a few colds, they're doing great. As I sit here, they've all discovered my toes and find it fun to attack them. Angel and Kahn both seem very close to each other and I'm glad they're going to the same home. I look forward to finding homes for all of them, though they will be missed. That's pretty much it on the cat scene, the other 3, Luna, Willow and Jeriko are all seeming to be better and loving being able to venture outside again.

1 comment:

DAN said...

That cat could be a Pirate ---arrrgghh! maybe you should change the name to Jack. Hope it gets better.