Friday, June 13, 2008

Update On Our House Situation

So I talked to my lawyer today about the situation with my house. I was told that they want addresses to the Residential Resolve here in Idaho and to Dawnridge Properties in Ut. She also wants a brief summary of when we were contacted and how, when we signed the documents and when we were told we couldn't be helped. I'm to fax all that to her on Monday and she'll fashion a letter basically demanding they sign our deed back over to us within 5 days.
Before they called, I got a call from an investigator with the Utah Attourney General's office. I explained to him my situation and that I believed that it was linked to their case in Ut because it was the same company. He asked me for a DETAILED e-mail and any documentation I feel would be helpful. Once he gets my E-mail, he'll look over things and decide if he's got a federal case on his hands. I hate to get the woman who worked with us in trouble but there's no telling exactly how involved in this scam she is.
Dave pointed out something that I'll have to ask about also, if it becomes a federal investigation, would that take our house out of foreclosure? We've got a lot of work cut out for us this weekend, and I'm going to start by talking about our situation with Dave on our way to Jerome tomorrow. We're only taking a day trip up there for Father's Day and will have all day Sunday to get things together. I've got a folder that I'm placeing all my paperwork and information in, which is also in a binder that will not leave me until this is settled.
I think I'm going to give up on trying to get Grandma's house. I think it was a lost cause since it seems like very few people believe I could get it. Right now I'm going to focus on our situation, and if we can keep the house for a bit longer while it's under investigation, we'll work on things to up the value on it so when we do get an oppertunity to sell it, we can sell it for higher than what we owe. That's about it for now, I will keep you guys posted more on what happens.

2 comments:

Chrystal said...

update?

DAN said...

Sorry to hear about the mess. Have you had any updates?