Sunday, June 14, 2009

Anniversary Weekend Day 3



Well, Dave let me sleep in until 12:30ish. When I got up, I got dressed, ate and then asked him what the plans for the day were. Mom, Dad, Marsh and Emily had all gone to Logan for a wedding, so it was just he, I and Heather. We decided to take a trip to Idaho Falls to visit Tauphus Park Zoo. When we got up there, I paid our way in, and just finished looking at maybe 2 exhibits when Chas called Heather. He wanted to walk through with us, and was on his way, so we headed back to the front.

When he finally arrived, we wandered through and looked at all the animals. I had asked if they'd take pictures for me to post on here, and they went a bit crazy with it. It was a lot of fun, we saw lots of Penguins nesting, a baby Lemur, baby Camel, and a Mallard Duck that likes to Dive Bomb the visitors. Heather was fascinated with the Otters, and the Singing Dogs. We also had fun watching one of the Black Swans chasing the Emu's around the enclosure.

When we left the Zoo, we went to Shari's for lunch, and then headed off to the mall. I walked around the mall, looking at the different stores, and then when we got to Barnes and Noble, I decided to see if they had Farkel. To my surprise, they did, and I bought it. After we left the mall, we stopped by Baskin Robbins to get some Ice Cream. (I was delighted to find they brought back Daqueri Ice)When we got back to Pocatello, we fed the dogs and then went to 17 Again. I must say that it was a very good weekend, but a big disappointment to see Dave go back to work. Maybe we should work on winning the lottery so he doesn't have to work.

No comments: