Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Today's Fun

Well, today after my "Power Nap" I got a text message from Shauna wanting to know if I could watch the kids because Colby wanted to come over. (That made me feel REAL good.) I told her I would, and got up and ready for them to arrive. When they got here, I gave Layla her belated birthday present. She's now officially a year old, and still just as tiny as ever. Because I hadn't eaten all day, I fixed a much desired BLT, mopped Mom's Kitchen floor with Colby, and then we got on the computer for a little bit.
When dad got home, he spent some time with Colby, and yes, this is how they spent it.

Because Dad didn't know if it was okay with Shauna, he didn't take Colby for a very long ride. We had a lot of fun with them, Layla flipped out and squealed with delight when she saw this

and I busted a gut seeing the look on her face, as well as the look on the neighbor's face when he drove by. I swear, if the doorway were wide enough, he'd have driven it into the house.
Needless to say, Dad is having some well deserved fun with his inheritance and I enjoy watching the little kid in him come out. Here's the finished product of Merlyn being shaved. I'm proud to say that he walked away without any razor burns, and didn't give me much of a problem while I shaved him. The one with the "jacked/shirt" was from a pair of old pj pants I got from Dan. They had a hole in the rear, so I cut them to help cover Merlyn's wound, to protect it from him scratching.

2 comments:

DAN said...

NO! not my beloved mickey mouse plaid PJ pants!!!

Jessica said...

Yup. They had a hole in the butt anyway. That's the pant leg none the less. I can take Micky off of the pj's and make a blanket with him on it, just for you.