Friday, June 26, 2009

Eventful Day Full Of Fun And...................

So we all know that Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson have passed away. Today was a day to remember them, and the many things and talents they had, and it was a day of fun for me. For the first part of the day, I tried to get a little nap in, and then as promised, Dave and I took Kaitlynn to the park for lunch. She ate half of her cheeseburger and drank her chocolate milk all gone, but we smuggled the rest of her lunch out of the park. The school has a rule that the child MUST eat in the park, cannot share their food with the adults or other people, and can't take any food off the premises.
We then took a walk around the block, and when we got home, Dave fixed lunch for he and I. Then we were given the opportunity to watch Layla while Michael and Shauna went to a ball game in Idaho Falls. We took the girls to COSTCO for samples, then to McKees, and Fred Meyer. When we got home, we worked with Layla on her walking, and tried to include a jealous Kaitlynn. Just before Kaitlynn's parents came to pick her up, I got a text from Shauna asking if I'd be ok with watching Layla over night, that their friends wanted to hang out with them. Knowing that it's not a regular basis, and that it's safer for them and for Layla, I agreed to it. I set up a make-shift bed for her on the floor as I don't like her sleeping in the car seat all night, and refuse to have her sleep with us.
I lied her down on the "bed" and then came up to work on my blog. When I went downstairs for something, I found a cute sight and couldn't resist taking a few pictures. This is what I found:


I make a big deal of this picture because for those of you who don't know Merlyn, and haven't met him, he's extremely shy and skittish. The only child I've really seen him taken to is Kaitlynn. He usually has nothing to do with any of the other children, so it took me by surprise when I found him right next to Layla. I must say that in the whole 4 1/2yrs I've had him, he's mad a LOT of improvement. Good boy Merlyn!!

No comments: