Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The "Joys" of Life

I went in for my yearly physical last Thursday, and everything was fine but the doctor wanted to do a blood work on me. I had to fast for 12hrs before it could be done, so I went in the following morning. Today I got a phone call from Dr. Callaghan with the results of my blood test. I FAILED! Actually, my blood sugar was fine, CBC's were fine, insulin level was fine, but my Thyroid is "off" she says.

She continued to tell me that my thyroid being off might be the reason I'm so exhausted and depressed. She said that she's putting me on a light thyroid med, and wants to test it again in 4 months, unless I get pregnant before then. If I get pregnant before then, she wants to test it regularly, as it effects the pregnancy.

I will keep everyone posted with things as they go, I'm also supposed to drop weight, get more active and eat better. I have talked to a friend's sister who is a nutritionist and she's given me a few good ideas. The Wii Active will soon be a regular thing for me, and I have already started a few good eating habits such as cutting out a LOT of Sweets, eating until I'm COMFORTABLE rather than FULL, and am working on having 3 meals a day that are Healthy. I don't eat fast food often, and am drinking a lot more water.

Well, I need to get going now, got a few things to do before I call it a night and my Advil PM kicks in.

1 comment:

fivelive said...

It's nice to hear why....I hope things turn out great for you