Thursday, September 24, 2009

Random Thoughts and Tucker Time



Today's photo is of Tucker, trying to use the computer. Emily asked me to watch him while she worked out with her mother, and as usual, I agreed to it. I had spent the day watching 2 four year olds, 2 three year olds, and 2 Sixteen month olds. I wasn't the only one watching them, Dave and Rachel, his sister (I will claim her too. I like her a lot!) helped out as well.

After all the kids but Kaitlynn were gone, Tucker came over and spent some time with "Aunt Jess". He played on the keyboard, ate some sweet potatoes and just had fun. I know that I don't have kids right now, and everyone knows how bad I want at least one of my own, but in the meantime, when the Lord feels I'm ready for them, I'll focus on other people's children.

People don't understand fully the reason behind putting up with what I do when it comes to watching other people's children. I do it for the kids, and because I enjoy trying to be a good example for our future. Though it hurts that I don't have any of my own, while I'm watching the little ones, I keep thinking that I'm serving the Lord through doing this service to families in need of child care.

No comments: