Saturday, May 17, 2008

Movin On

Well, it's been a few days since we said our final goodbyes and put Grandma to rest. I can honestly say that it was a much better experience than when my Grandfather passed away a few years ago. It was good to see my brother and his wife although it'd be better if it were under different circumstances. I only wish we could see each other more often.
Aside from Grandma, nothing really exciting has been happening. I'm going to start focusing on cleaning my house, and selling the Gold Canyon candles. The kittens are doing great, they're all fat, and the eyes are beginning to open. I let Mason meet them, and the "mother" instincts kicked in with him. He had to sniff each baby to make sure they were okay, and didn't like it when they cried.
Piper is doing great, she's back down to her normal size and STARVING for attention. I was a little worried at first what kind of mother she'd be, but I'm proud to say that she's being an excellent mother. When things slow down, I'm going to see what I can do about buying Grandma's house. It is not because it's right next door to my parents, I want to make it clear of that. I want her house because it's got lots of memories, I want to keep it in the family and her back yard is big enough for my dogs. This is something I've thought about for years, but haven't said anything because I knew my aunt wanted it as well. I've got a friend looking into things for us and am keeping my fingers crossed. I will let you know how things are going.

No comments: