Friday, May 9, 2008

We Have Babies

So for a while, we've known that one of our cats (the only one not fixed) was pregnant. Today (Thursday) when we let them outside, we discovered that she has gone into Labor around 3:30pm. After the 1st one came out, the other 4 came out pretty quick. I checked on her a few minutes ago, and it's possible that she's done though it looks like there may be one or two more left, only time will tell.
Looking at the kittens, they're almost exactly like mom, one in particular has some really beautiful markings. They're all dark tabby markings except for the one oddball, a white one. When I was watching her give birth (yeah, I'm sick like that but needed a distraction.) I got to thinking, here I am watching new lives come into this world, while another life is trying it's hardest to leave. It was some deep thinking, and though I can get carried away, I realized that I was given a great gift of Compassion. A lot of people just see me as a crybaby, an my thinking could be totally messed up but I really feel that it is a blessing to be that compassionate, it gives me a chance to see how Jesus felt for us.
I also saw Grandma today, and I'm sad to report that she REALLY looks bad. She wasn't breathing when I went in there, fearing it'd tear me apart to see her, Dad followed me in, realized she wasn't breathing and then just as panic was about to set in, she took a deep breath. I handled this visit better than the last one, but it's still hard to know she's going. I suppose that I just need a lot of distraction for a while, and some good friends to help me through this. That's pretty much all that has gone on for now, I'll keep everyone posted as things go by. (I just realized that I now have a total of 9 cats in my house)

No comments: