Friday, February 6, 2009

A Really Tough Decision

As most of you know, when we moved in with Mom and Dad, we brought along our 4 dogs and 3 cats. Because Mom and Dad already have too many animals at their home, and Dante and Tika have to reside in Dad's shop with barely any chances to get out and play, I was stuck making the hard decision to give her a better home. This is not a spur of the moment decision, and nobody has talked me into it. This decision has been something I've been wrestling with for a while. It doesn't seem like it to people, but I really do care about her, and love her more than I thought. Today I posted her on Craigs List, and within an hour of posting it, somebody responded. They're coming over an hour away to see her, and possibly give her a new home.
I do have mixed emotions about it, I love her to death, and have good memories of her, but I also know that she'll be in a better home where she can live a better life. She'll have the chance to be a dog, to run and play, be a member of the family. I'm excited for her, and hope they take her and possibly Dante. It'll be bittersweet, and if they want to keep me posted on her for a little while, that's fine, I just want whats best for the dogs.

2 comments:

DAN said...

Great job on looking out for Tika's best interest. I know it may be hard but in the long run it's best for them. Walking in Dads shop is dangerous enough, i cant imagine living in it. (for any living creature)

Love ya!

Chrystal said...

I'm proud of you. She will be much happier, I think!