Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The ONLY Time

 Today Dave celebrated his 32nd birthday. He was fortunate to get the day off of work, but I got sick. I am getting a sinus infection (surprise, surprise) and a bit of a cold. Although it was his day off, and I wanted him to enjoy it how he wanted, I was allowed to lie down for a while, and he took care of the kids. Fortunately, it was a easy day with the kids, and we didn't have many issues with them.
  When asked what kind of cake he wanted, Dave chose a Yellow cake with Strawberry frosting. I jokingly said that if I didnt' know any better, I'd question my husband's sexuality, but really, how can you avoid PINK frosting if it's Strawberry flavored. He wanted it from scratch, but went along with a cake mix instead because I'm under the weather. I think it was a good day for him though. He got Iron Man 2, a bag of "goodies", and his baby brother came for the cake and ice cream. Everyone got along, and he seemed to have been happy. Just too bad the rest of his family couldn't make it, that would've been the best gift he could've ever had.

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

happy birthday to Dave!