Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Through My Eyes

One day on Facebook, I ran across this photo that was taken by somebody who used to be in our ward. I really liked it, so as hypocritical as it was, I took it, without asking him, but then let him know that I had it. I didn't post it anywhere other than my desktop, until now, but to credit the photographer, it was taken by Bob Davies.

I thought this was a very beautiful picture. At first I thought of just the road, with the clouds and the fields, just a nice, natural type photo. Lately, I've been struggeling with my inner demons, feeling at my absolute lowest in life, and have even carried thoughts that I do not want under ANY circumstances. The other day, I was sitting here, looking through pictures and ran across this one again. This time, I looked at it in a different light. At first glance, you just see a road, but if you look closer, you can see the dirt road, but on the left it's dark, and on the right, light.

As if it were "Divine Intervention" I immediately thought of the road as the "straight and narrow path" of Lehi's dream. You can chose between good and bad, dark or light. After looking at the photo in that way, it's got a huge spiritual meaning to me, and oddly enough, I find a bit of comfort in it. It reminds me that Jesus is here, that he will never give me any more than I can handle, and that I can lean on him if I need to.  Even though I am at my darkest and deepest low, I know I can make it through this, if not alone, then with his help, and the help of the few around me who love me.

No comments: