Wednesday, August 5, 2009

No Wonder

Today's photo is of Merlyn. I read somewhere it doesn't matter how old a dog is to tape their ears, as long as there's not a permanent "Fold". The breeder I got Merlyn from said his ear leather is too thick to stand on it's own, but I figured hey, what the heck, why not just give it a shot.
So, we got some breathable tape, and some paper towels, and I taped Merlyn's ears up. They're supposed to be like that for 2 weeks, then I change the bandages and start over until the ears stand on their own. We'll see how patient we can be with this, so far Merlyn is handling it pretty well, with a few head shakes here and there.



I also taped them up to take the ear off of his neck, the poor guy kept scratching at it because the ear was tickling his neck. He has scratched a hole in his neck and there's no longer hair in that area. I'll post photos of his progress as it goes.

No comments: