Monday, August 17, 2009

A Surprisingly Good Trip....

Today Mom, Heather, Chas and I took Dad to Salt Lake City so that "The Hobbit" could take him to the Airport in the morning to fly to Houston. I have had my reservations on going with Heather's recent attitude, but went anyway. We got along amazingly well, and there really wasn't any fighting.
When we got down there, we headed to the Mall by the Chuck Arama that we were going to meet "The Hobbit " at. After the potty breaks, and being stopped by some guy trying to sell me manicure things (they really don't take NO for an answer, after I told him I wasn't buying anything, that I have no money, he asked when I would have money.) I headed over to BUILD A BEAR WORKSHOP.
Yes, I might be crazy, but I like to "immortalize" special events/people in my life, with the animals from BABW. I got one for when Marsh and Em were Married, one for MY Wedding day, one for our anniversary, One in Memory of Grandpa and now, this recent one was in memory of Grandma W. This was given a lot of thought, and I got this particular bear because of the "Stitching" effect on the ears, and the patch Heart. The scrubs symbolize her love for working at the Hospital, even if it were in the Gift Shop.

After Goodbyes were said, we hit the road. Heather changed her mind and wanted to drive, so to save a fight and ruin a good day, I let her drive, and as we were heading out of town, I snapped this photo from the car. Both of these photos were taken with my Cell, I'm surprised they turned out as well as they did.

Rather than take over driving like I said I would, I let Heather and Chas take turns driving home while Mom and I sat in the back. It was a good day all in all. I hope Dad has a safe trip, this is his first time flying since He and Mom were married.

No comments: